Understanding the Throat Infection in Babies:
A throat infection which is also known as a sore throat is a vital annoyance for babies because it influences his food intake, the routine of daily life and could make him feel disturbed.
A sore throat is known as any pain or irritation in the specific part of the body. The pain and the discomfort are mainly because of swelling. Viral infection like flu or cold is considered the main symptoms of throat infection.
Throat infection/ Sore infection Causes:
In babies, throat infection takes place due to various reasons. Some of the main reasons are the following:
In babies, flu is the main reason of infected throat. If baby got flu, then it can cause a throat infection. Following symptoms will be found in babies if their infection is due to flu:
- A dry cough
- A runny nose
- Stuffy nose
- Affect baby appetite/ no hunger
Viral diseases are considered the severe reason of infected throat in babies. Through the baby mouth, hands or feet these viral diseases could spread. In babies the following signs and symptoms will be found if the throat infection is due to viral infection:
- Loss of appetite
- Annoyance and irritation
- Red spots or blisters around the mouth of the baby
- Rashes on private areas of baby
- Rashes or spots on the feet and hands of baby
Allergies due to dust:
Infants and kids are fragile and could easily be affected by dust, or other same items. It is necessary to safeguard them by powders, spices or any kind of other dust. Because these are also main and major sources if throat infection.
Herpangina is a viral disease which could lead to a throat infection. Following indicators will be found in babies if throat infection is due to Herpangina:
- No hunger
- White or gray spots encircle the mouth of babies
Symptoms and signs of baby’s throat infection:
- Fever and high temperature
- Continuously crying specifically when mothers try to feed them
- Throat redness of baby
- Disturbed and annoy
- Inflammation of glands
- Loss of appetite
- Bad breath or breathing problems
Treatment of Viral Throat Infection:
- Parents should keep away their babies from all those things from which they are allergic.
- It’s important that babies keep hydrated as they can’t swallow food easily because of throat inflammation so feed them with liquid food. Soup could be the best option for them but remember it should not that much hot.
- If throat infection is caused by flu or cold than avoid to feed them cold food such as yogurt and cold liquids.
- If a doctor prescribes some medicines and pain reliever than give them on time.
- If baby age is 12 months or more, then feed them, honey.
- Provide a comfortable environment for your baby as they are already irritated with their swell throat so let them rest as more as possible.
- For stuffy nose and soothing infected throat of babies, steaming could also be the best option.
- Surrounding of the baby should be clean and not crowded that much as there is more risk to catch the allergy or infection.
Duration of viral throat infection In babies:
Throat infection caused by a virus in babies mostly remains from 7 days to 10 days. In common cases, babies feel better within a week. If throat infection takes more than 10 days it is suggested to take them to doctors.